Baked Ham and Cheese in a Mashed Potato Crust
Exactly what the title says!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (made with skim milk)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 lb ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- Mix mashed potatoes and mustard. Spread evenly in bottom of nonstick 8-inch square baking pan.
- Add ham cubes in layer on top of potatoes.
- In electric blender, blend cottage cheese and cheddar cheese until fairly smooth. Spread over ham.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This a great quick and easy meal! Wonderful recipe if you have leftover mashed potatoes. I made it exactly as written, but I used 3 cups of mashed potatoes instead of only two. I used regular cheddar instead of reduced-fat. I was thinking it might be bland, but it really isn't. We had steamed broccoli on the side, and I think that some chopped broccoli would go well in the casserole (in the ham layer). Green onion would be good in this, too. Best of all, it's a tummy-warming kid-pleaser (and I'll need to double this next time:))! Thanx for posting this. We'll be eating this again.Reply