Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
An easy and tasty supper dish that I found on www.crock-pot.com. My guests loved it and there were no leftovers! You can eat it with some crusty French bread or if you are feeling piggish serve with rice and extra vegetables. Instead of using a whole chicken cut up, you could use breasts or thighs, the choice is yours!
- Cut up the chicken into portions. Cut the potatoes into cubes, slice the onions, garlic and peppers.
- Place chicken and potatoes into the crock pot dish.
- In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, green pepper, tomatoes, wine and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the mixture into the crock pot and mix with chicken portions and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
This was delicious. Though I did have to add more liqid, so I added chicken broth. Everyone ate it, even my picky eater. Thanks
We found this rather bland. It was okay, but didn't have that much to recommend it for a second try. Sorry!
Wonderful comfort food. I kept the chicken whole and added a couple of quartered turnips and cooked it on high for four hours instead of on low for eight. Just superb! My husband was beside himself with gustatory delight. A lovely chicken stew with a French feel to it that is phenomenal. Thanks so very much!