Crock Pot Baked Eggplant (Aubergine)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Combine eggplant, onions, celery, olive oil, tomatoes, and tomato sauce in Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until eggplant is tender.
- Stir in olives, vinegar, sugar, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook an additional 45 minutes to one hour or unril heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!