Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped asparagus (blanched)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot, garlic, and shallot to pan; sauté for 2 minutes. Add asparagus, onion, corn, and snow peas. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in chicken stock, ½ cup cream, and sweetened condensed milk. Add chicken and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and the water to create a thickening agent, then pour into pot; stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in rosemary and thyme; remove from heat.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in half, then set aside. Beat egg and the 1 tablespoon cream together; set aside.
- Fill four individual ceramic baking dishes evenly with chicken mixture. Cover each dish with a piece of puff pastry. Pinch edges to seal and cut off excess around sides. Take a fork and poke a few holes in top of puff pastry. Brush puff pastry with egg mixture.
- Bake pot pies about 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.