1/1 Photo of Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This is Betty Crocker's chicken pot pie version with a couple minor adjustments. It's a great recipe! We gobble up this pie and frown a bit upon realizing the last slice is gone. Homemade crust sends this over the top...but use pre-made crusts if you'd like. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Season All)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cooked potato
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 standard pastry for double-crust pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Heat buttter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat until melted; stir in flour and spices.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 4Carefully add chicken broth and half-n-half in a thin stream while stirring to incorporate.
- 5Stir constantly until thickened and beginning to bubble.
- 6Add vegetables and chicken. Mix. Remove from heat.
- 7Pour chicken mixture into bottom pie shell.
- 8Cover with top pie shell. Seal edges; prick steam holes.
- 9Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly/steaming.
- 10Let stand a few minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.2
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 715.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: