Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is one of my favorite dishes. It is so easy to make and so good. I made this up one day when I was being lazy, but still wanted to serve a good meal. I love a good chicken pot pie and this fills the bill without all the bother.
Top Review by riffraff
Served this for lunch at the office. Everyone loved it. The receptionist even mopped up the last smidgen of gravy with bread, lol. Very easy to make and very good. I used the low sodium/low fat soups.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup oleo, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled & diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can peas and carrots (drained)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup (no liquid added)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (no liquid added)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) canready made croissant dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces.
- Cook with celery and potatoes in cup of water and cup of broth till tender (liquid should be boiled down to very little. If not, pour off all but half a cup).
- Add drained peas & carrots, melted oleo (stir in with soups), potato soup, cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Bring to simmering and then pour into casserole dish (9x9-inch); lay unrolled croissants on top (LAY FLAT NOT ROLLED UP).
- Bake at 375° for about 13 minutes or till golden brown.
- I hope this makes it a little clearer.