My mother passed this recipe on to me and I'm passing it on to my daughter. The whole family loves this comfort food and it's a great use for leftover turkey! Depending on the amount of leftover turkey, I sometimes triple the recipe. Serve over a bed of rice or on it's own.
- Saute mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add flour, whisking until thick.
- Gradually add milk while whisking until you get a thick sauce.
- Add all ingredients except mayonnaise and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add mayonnaise last and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.