Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a filling for sandwiches. Very easy and can be frozen for a quick meal. This is a family recipe that was made for picnics. When I make baked chicken I make an extra pan to use for this recipe.
- 3 -4 lbs cooked pork or 3 -4 lbs chicken, deboned
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion (I use more)
- 1⁄3 cup minced celery & leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup broth
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 hamburger buns
- Saute the onions & celery in the butter for five minutes.
- Add the other ingredients except for the lemon juice and meat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add meat & lemon juice and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on the hamburger buns.