This is a filling for sandwiches. Very easy and can be frozen for a quick meal. This is a family recipe that was made for picnics. When I make baked chicken I make an extra pan to use for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs cooked pork or 3 -4 lbs chicken, deboned
- 1/3 cup minced onion (I use more)
- 1/3 cup minced celery & leaves, chopped
- 1/4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 cup broth
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 hamburger buns
- 1Saute the onions & celery in the butter for five minutes.
- 2Add the other ingredients except for the lemon juice and meat.
- 3Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Add meat & lemon juice and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 5Serve on the hamburger buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 636.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper