1 hr 10 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1For Dumplings:.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper together.
- 3Mix shortening in flour with fingers until well mixed.
- 4Add the beaten egg and milk.
- 5Stir until it forms a soft dough.
- 6On a floured surface, knead the dough for about a minute until smooth. Cut in half.
- 7On a floured surface, roll each half as thin as you wish.
- 8Cut with a about 1 inch wide.
- 9Cut the dough again into 2 inch pieces.
- 10Let dry for 30 minutes to 8 hours. I like 3 hours.
- 11For Chicken:.
- 12Put chicken breast in a stock pot.
- 13Add chicken broth.
- 14Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 30 - 40 minutes, until done.
- 15Remove chicken and set aside. Dice the chicken once its warm enough to handle.
- 16To broth, add parsley and bring broth to a boil.
- 17Add dumplings one at a time.
- 18Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 19After 10 minutes add chicken.
- 20Cook a little longer to thicken and it will also continue to thicken a little as they cool.
- 21Remove them from heat once it is at the desired thickness.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken N Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 2527.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.5 g