Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious dish served over fettuccini or linguini. Light enough and yummy enough, even kids enjoy this dish!
- Pound chicken breasts until flat and thin.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a pie pan.
- Melt oil and butter in a large skillet and bring to a low boil.
- Dredge chicken until thoroughly coated through the flour mixture, shake off excess and lightly brown in skillet about 2 minutes.
- Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add wine and sherry.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes, turning chicken pieces once.
Nothing I could say would express the words for this wonderfully delightul dish. It was absolutely FABULOUS!!! From the smell to the very first bite in my and my hubby's mouth was absolutely BREATH TAKING. I must say, that my hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my 17 month old son. This is something I will be keeping in my TOP 10 Recipes for SPECIAL OCCASSIONS. Wonderfully excellent job on making and sharing this dish. KUDOS, to you!!!
So Yummy! This is great for a quiet evening and candlelight, but kids love it too! It is so easy to make and it presents so beautifully you'll fool everyone into thinking you've been in the kitchen all day!
This dish was wonderful! I exchanged the "cream sherry" for "cooking sherry" due to the availability of what I had and it turned out great!