Easy Chicken Marsala
photo by Barb G.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (can use regular salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/4-inch thickness)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4-inch thick (does not have to be exactly 1/4-inch).
- Mix together flour, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano in a shallow dish.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture on all sides.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken on one side.
- Turn the chicken over and add in the sliced mushrooms.
- Pour in the Marsala and sherry; mix to combine.
- Cover the skillet and simmer chicken and mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes (turning the chicken once).
- Serve the chicken with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OK... I just had my first chicken marsala at an Italian restaurant and had to come home and try to make it because it was yummy. Well, this was BETTER than the restaurant!!! And yes, very easy! I added 1 chopped shallot to the butter/oil mixture but did not add any garlic since it already has garlic powder. I added a little parsley to the dry mixture also and used only 4 large chicken breasts because my pan would not hold any more :). Great idea to put the dry ingredients in a zipper bag to coat the chicken- makes it even easier! Also added plenty of mushrooms and plenty of marsala/sherry for lots of sauce. Honestly, I cannot believe how good and easy this is... will totally be making it again and again!!!
Sorry it has taken so me long to do this review. I tried this the first time in May, and I have made it at least 3 times for dinner guests since then. This is truly BETTER than restaurant quality. One of the side benefits is that it impresses the heck out of dinner guests that you "went to all the trouble" to make this. Excellent flavor and quality. Thanks AGAIN Kitten. You always make me "famous." ....
see 7 more reviews