Recipe by katie in the UP
I have no idea where this recipe originated, I've been making it for years. My DH thinks it's one of those 'tough' recipe things...As you can see, EASY but tasty!
Top Review by aitacohen
Great tasting recipe. Easy to follow and easy to make. I do not like spicy food, so hesitated adding the crushed red pepper flakes. I cut it to 1/4 tsp and was glad I did. It added a subtle but definately present heat to the flavor. I also chose a Seville Orange Marmalade, which was not too sugary and also had a bite. The almonds added a fresh crunch. Everybody in my family like the flavor. There was nothing left over
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional but good
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- slivered almonds
- steamed rice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken in butter 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove; set aside.
- Mix cornstarch and juice.
- Stir in 57 sauce and marmalade.
- Pour into skillet.
- Cook on low heat until thickened.
- Put chicken in sauce.
- Heat; serve on top of rice sprinkled with almonds and orange zest.