Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have no idea where this recipe originated, I've been making it for years. My DH thinks it's one of those 'tough' recipe things...As you can see, EASY but tasty!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional but good
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- slivered almonds
- steamed rice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- Saute chicken in butter 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove; set aside.
- Mix cornstarch and juice.
- Stir in 57 sauce and marmalade.
- Pour into skillet.
- Cook on low heat until thickened.
- Put chicken in sauce.
- Heat; serve on top of rice sprinkled with almonds and orange zest.
Great tasting recipe. Easy to follow and easy to make. I do not like spicy food, so hesitated adding the crushed red pepper flakes. I cut it to 1/4 tsp and was glad I did. It added a subtle but definately present heat to the flavor. I also chose a Seville Orange Marmalade, which was not too sugary and also had a bite. The almonds added a fresh crunch. Everybody in my family like the flavor. There was nothing left over
This was good but it didn't have as much flavor as I'd hoped. I couldn't find orange maramalade or steak sauce without high fructose corn syrup and I normally avoid it at all costs, so I think I was expecting a lot from the recipe since I was bending my strict rules to make it :)
Yummy-tasted like orange barb chicken. I scaled the recipe down for one & prepared as written, except I used butter spray & poured the sauce over the chicken & simmered 15 min, basting with the sauce. I also just used my generic brand steak sauce & low sugar marmalade. So quick, too!