Recipe by Manda
This recipe looks like a lot of work, but its really not, and believe me, it is WELL worth it! I made this recipe early in the afternoon one day to plan on having for dinner, and my mother and I ended up eating ALL OF IT for lunch! You can add any other veggies that you like. I have added broccoli, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots...yum!
Top Review by T-Mac McGrath
Get up from your computer and go in your kitchen and make this right now! You will thank me when you taste it. This tastes just like my favortite chinese restaurants...except not so overwhelmingly salty. Chicken Lo Mein is a winner I say.
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules (or 2 cubes)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into long, thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, chopped (1/2 a can)
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed and drained
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve broth granules in boiling water in small saucepan.
- Pour 1/2 cup broth mixture into large skillet.
- Let remaining liquid in saucepan cool.
- Bring mixture in skillet to boiling.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes, until no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken with slotted spoon to platter.
- Pour off liquid from skillet.
- Stir wine, soy, and cornstarch in small bowl until smooth.
- Stir into remaining cooled broth in saucepan.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add all veggies; cook, stirring 2-3 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and pasta; toss 2 minutes until heated through.
- Stir cornstarch mixture in saucepan; add to skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Top with additional sliced green onion if desired.