Recipe by Imagenie
If you love chicken livers as we do, you will love this recipe. Something different from ordinary fried chicken livers, giving it an oriental touch. From the New York Times Cookbook.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chinese peas
- 2 cups rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the livers in half and dip in the soy sauce.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the livers in it quickly.
- Add the pineapple and almonds and remove from the heat.
- Combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, salt, sugar and cornstarch and stir over low heat until clear, thickened and smooth.
- Pour over the chicken livers, if desired, add the Chinese peas cooked in a little boiling salted water until barely tender.
- Serve over rice.