I serve this flavorful spread with sliced rye bread or wheat crackers. Prep time is approximate and cook time is for 2 hours chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 lb chicken liver
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1In 10-inch skillet melt butter; add chicken livers and garlic.
- 2Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until liver is fork tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- 3Stir in remaining spread ingredients.
- 4Continue cooking until heated through (1 to 2 minutes).
- 5Spoon into blender container or food processor.
- 6Blend or process until smooth.
- 7Press liver mixture into greased 2 cup mold or soup bowl.
- 8Chill until firm (1 to 2 hours).
- 9In small bowl, stir together all frosting ingredients.
- 10Unmold liver spread onto a serving plate.
- 11Frost liver spread, decorating if desired.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Liver Spread
Serving Size: 1 (1886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.2
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.0 g
- Cholesterol 784.9 mg
- Sodium 1271.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 38.0 g