Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I serve this flavorful spread with sliced rye bread or wheat crackers. Prep time is approximate and cook time is for 2 hours chilling.
- In 10-inch skillet melt butter; add chicken livers and garlic.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until liver is fork tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in remaining spread ingredients.
- Continue cooking until heated through (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spoon into blender container or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Press liver mixture into greased 2 cup mold or soup bowl.
- Chill until firm (1 to 2 hours).
- In small bowl, stir together all frosting ingredients.
- Unmold liver spread onto a serving plate.
- Frost liver spread, decorating if desired.