Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted by request
Make and share this Chicken Lasagna With Mushrooms and Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 6 -8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°; coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a big skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add in chicken, mushrooms, garlic, onion, oregano, basil, and thyme; cook the chicken until it turns white.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, carrots, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Assemble: layer three lasagna noodles in the baking dish, , top with half of the chicken mixture, ¼ cup Romano cheese, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Layer three more lasagna noodles and top with the remaining chicken mixture, Romano cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.