1 hr 25 mins
Posted by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 6 -8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a big skillet over medium to high heat.
- 3Add in chicken, mushrooms, garlic, onion, oregano, basil, and thyme; cook the chicken until it turns white.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, carrots, salt, and pepper.
- 5Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 6Assemble: layer three lasagna noodles in the baking dish, , top with half of the chicken mixture, ¼ cup Romano cheese, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- 7Layer three more lasagna noodles and top with the remaining chicken mixture, Romano cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- 8Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove the cover and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- 10Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Lasagna With Mushrooms and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.6
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 864.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with basil