Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Feb 2005 House and Home with variations to make it Kosher.
- 1 cup pareve sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups packed fresh coriander leaves (soaked in cold water with 1/2 tsp salt and checked for bugs)
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint leaves (soaked as above)
- 1 hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup pareve sour cream
- combine pareve (tofu) sour cream, garlic, garam masala, salt and cayenne in a bowl. Add chicken cubes, tossing to coat. Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In food processor combine all chutney ingredients except pareve sour cream. Puree until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally. Add sour cream and blend briefly. Transfer to container; cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Thread chicken alternating with onion onto 8 : bamboo skewers. Arrange skewers on parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree over for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- serve with chutney.