Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old favorite from Taco Bell
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced (approximately 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon powdered cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- mild salsa
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Sauté onion, spices, oregano and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, heat throughout.
- Add the rice to the chicken mixture, stir to combine and cover.
- Heat about 5 minutes or until heated throughout, don't let it stick.
- Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas according to package.
- Add chicken and rice mixture to the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add sour cream and a little mild salsa.
- Fold the tortilla at the top and bottom then fold over one side and roll towards the other side.
Excellent recipe and a great quick and easy one-course meal. My wife and I tried it last night (with a little extra hot sauce for spice) and its definitely going in the recipe book!