A good quality bourbon is needed to insure that an otherwise interesting way to use leftover chicken can become an impressive meal for two. Serve with a green vegetable or a salad
- Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions, but do not drain until just before serving.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onions until transparent, then add the garlic.
- Add the flour and ground red pepper, stir and then add the half and half, followed by the chicken stock.
- Take the pan off the cook top briefly while adding the bourbon.
- Return the pan to the cooktop and add the chicken. Stir until the sauce has thicken and the chicken is hot.
- Place the cooked and drained fettuccine into a serving bowl, and pour the chicken and sauce over the top.
What a beautiful pasta dish for 2. Such an quick recipe too. Made this for just me this time, left-overs in the fridge for tomorrows lunch. Had the recipe on my kitchen laptop for ages, wish I had made it ages ago. I will make up for lost time now I have tried it. Well worth 5 stars. Bill thanks for posting.