1/6 Photos of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe is absolutely delicious, but not a calorie light dish. We save it for special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it is light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in the cream a little at a time, and then beat in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, a few tbsp at a time.
- 3Cover the bowl and set it aside (refrigerate if not ready to use, but bring to room temperature before use).
- 4Prepare the chicken and keep it warm.
- 5You can use leftover chopped cooked chicken, or dice skinless, boneless chicken meat and saute in olive oil or butter a few minutes until cooked but still tender.
- 6Season as you like.
- 7Set a large pasta bowl or casserole in a 250 oven to heat while you cook the fettucine.
- 8Bring the water and salt to a rolling boil in a large stock pot.
- 9Drop in the fettuccine and stir gently with a wooden spoon or fork for a few moments to prevent strands from sticking.
- 10Boil, stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender (soft, but al dente or resistant to bite).
- 11Immediately drain the pasta into a colander.
- 12Make sure it's completely drained before transferring to the hot pasta bowl.
- 13Add the chicken and the creamed butter and cheese mixture and toss with the fettuccine and chicken until every strand is well coated.
- 14Season with salt and freshly grated pepper.
- 15Serve at once and pass grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (1138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.3 mg
- Sodium 759.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 28.3 g