Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
photo by Marjorie Ram
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute the chicken in drippings until no longer pink. Add the mushrooms and green onions; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the reserved bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a serving bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Garnish with additional cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!