Easy Chicken Alfredo
photo by jkm.11.18.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 -4 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (eyeball it)
- 2 -3 cooked chicken breasts, sliced into small pieces (or in a pinch I've used the pre-cooked grilled chicken you can buy at the grocery store doesn't real)
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta, cooked according to directions on package
- In a medium saucepan or a skillet, melt butter at low heat.
- Add garlic, simmer until brown.
- Add cream, stir until butter and cream no longer separate.
- Stir in cheese with a whisk until melted.
- Add in the spices.
- Continue to cook at low to medium heat for about 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Combine with chicken and pasta and serve.
- Can garnish with some chopped parsley, and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- For cooking the chicken you might want to marinate it a little before cooking it to give it some more flavor. I usually do mine in a little lemon juice, with salt and pepper, maybe a little garlic… depends on my mood! Stick it all in a gallon sized Ziploc bag, and make sure to coat the chicken well, and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes Can grill, broil, or even pan fry if you want.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> I have been married since November 2006 to my best friend, and soulmate. We have an adorable little boy who was born in June of 2008. And we all enjoy eating fresh homemade meals together, and my dear hubby and I enjoy cooking side by side for big family functions. DH is an amazing cook, and is the only person I allow to touch a grill! lol! I hope our son inherits his Dad's cooking abilities!