Ww Fettuccine Alfredo
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese, divide
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (cooked without salt or fat, about 8 oz uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. (this is where I would add the shrimp).
- Add garlic; saute' 1 minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk stirring with a whisk until blended. (I would add mushrooms here).
- Cook 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- Pour over fettuccine; toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
I LOVE this recipe. It's the best fettuccine I've ever had! I lightened it even more by skipping the butter and using a tiny bit of olive oil, using reduced fat parm (from the can), whole wheat flour and whole wheat pasta. I also toss in some grated chicken bouillion and powdered onion, and I cut up roasted chicken to toss in as well. I counted 4 points per cup and for taste this good, you can't beat that.
I use to make the "full fat" version of this for my daughter all the time when she was growing up.....she just loved it! Now that she is grown I can't wait to share this low fat version. She'll be very happy to be able to enjoy these flavors again without the guilt. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
Outstanding!!! I was a bit hesitant to try this recipe, as I have tried others with cream cheese and it wasn't a great dish for us, but with the wonderful reviews and it being a WW recipe, I had to try it!! To me, I didn't notice/taste that there was any cream cheese in the dish, which has been my problem in previous recipes with cream cheese. I think because it is a light cream cheese and not a major percentage of the ingredients, that it worked out well for us. This is definitely one that will be a repeat for us from now on!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>