Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These potatoes are the bomb! Serve them with a nice salad and you have a full meal.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- sour cream
- Scrub the potatoes; pat dry and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour or until done.
- Cook the pepper and the onion in the butter in medium saucepan until tender; add the taco seasoning mix and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, cheese, olives, and chilies.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in the top of each potato; press each potato open and spoon the chicken mixture into the potatoes. spoon 1/4 cup of salsa over each potato.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and additional salsa.
This was a nice change of a topping for baked potatoes. I replaced the taco seasoning and used recipe#28011 in its place. I also omitted the green chili's,cheddar cheese and salsa cause I didn't have any on hand at this time. I made recipe#152059 to have with this recipe. We enjoyed this for our dinner today. Also want to add that this was a easy and quick recipe. I microwaved my potatoes for 10 minutes and than finished them in the oven for 30 minutes while I was preparing the rest. I saunted chicken strips in olive oil and added the bell peppers and onions, than after chicken was no longer pink I added the black olives. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Very good recipe. I didn't have any solid potatoes, so I served it over some pre-fab mashed potatoes. Also threw some mushrooms in with the onions as I fried them. Good stuff.