Fajita Spiced Oven Potatoes
This is my latest attempt at creating a tasty but fairly low fat 'fry'. I was aiming to have them be Mexican inspired which is why I went for the lime instead of lemon in the mix.
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into reasonable sized cubes. Leave the skins on for extra vitamins and taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, fajita seasoning and the lime. Mix together until it is almost a paste.
- Put the cubed potatoes into bowl and stir around until the potatoes are well covered by the oil mixture.
- Transfer to an foil covered baking tray and bake in the oven for between 25 and 30 minutes depending on the size of your cubes.
- When they have gone golden brown, remove from the oven and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were very good! I had to make them quickly and it's warm in the house and I didn't want to turn the oven on so.... I cut the potatoes and nuked them for 4 minutes, pan fried them for about 5 minutes in the oil and seasonings and then wrapped them in tin foil and let them stay warm with indirect heat on the BBQ while I made my chicken. D-LISH-US! I loved the flavour and we will definitely be having them again. Made for the Kitchen Witches for ZWT5. Thanks!
Gracias por esta receta. I didn't have any fajita seasoning, so I used a mixture of Mexican oregano, garlic, cumin, and chili powder with ancho, cilantro, paprika, cayenne, lemon peel, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, star anise, anise seed, cardamom, fennel, cloves and jalapeno. I didn't have any canola oil. so I used some avocado oil instead. I think I would prefer the taste of these without the skin. Made for the Epicurean Queens ZWT5: Mexico/Tex-Mex/Southwest region.