These are wonderful! My mother always makes a half a pan with nuts and a half pan without them. I prefer the texture the nuts give. Add crushed red pepper to soup mixture for more heat.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper salsa
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 8 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 -6 jalapeno peppers, rinsed seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a skillet cook 1/4 cup pecans and onion until onion is tender and pecans are toasted.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, milk, salt and cumin. Add nut mixture and chicken. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla near one edge. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 12x7 1/2x2 baking dish.
- In another bowl combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, green enchilada sauce and jalapeno peppers. Pour soup mixture over tortillas .
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for anout 35 minutes. (Until heated through).
- Remove the foil and sprinkle enchiladas with cheese and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Return to over uncovered until cheese is metled.