Recipe by Judith
A quick and easy main dish. You can adjust the amount of curry to your taste. I serve this over rice and just add a veggie.
Top Review by nostress
This recipe is very similar to the one I found in the American Heart Assn. cookbook which calls for 2 cups of cooked chicken. Mix 3 Tbs. flour with one cup of water and add after the mushrooms and onions are cooked. No salt is used. Definitely needs more curry. I love curry and this is a healthy version which tastes good. I didn't think it was fast recipe or maybe I just move slower. With all the chopping, it took me about 45 minutes.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned &,boned
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (more if you REALLY like curry)
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Saute chicken, mushroom and onion in oil in large skillet until chicken is lightly browned on all sides and completely cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, and curry powder.
- Add apple and parsley.
- Stir in milk and broth.
- Simmer, stirring constantly for three minutes or until apple pieces are crisp tender.
- Serve over rice.