Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a chicken crepe recipe I found in a old cookbook at home, and thought you might enjoy, so here it is! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 12 crepes (use your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In medium saucepan melt butter and saute onion until tender.
- Whisk in flour.
- Add stock, blending well.
- Season with salt and basil.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Add heavy cream and chicken and simmer about 1 minute or until warm.
- Fill and roll crepes with chicken mixture and place in a 11 1/2 x 8 inch casserole pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and fresh parsley.
Lovely! I used plenty of fresh basil, some garlic and seasoned salt to spice it up. Delicious.
This was great, definitely will be making it again :)
I agree that the chicken needed more kick to it. It had potential, with the chicken and mushrooms, but it needed something more.