Mandarin Orange Sauce for Crepes
This sauce goes beautifully with crepes. Not too sweet, and super quick and easy to make. I used the crepe recipe posted by MizzNezz (recipe #18410). I coat the crepes with the sauce and fold into quarters.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon frozen concentrated orange juice
- Heat oranges, juice, sugar, vanilla and rum over med to high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water.
- When orange mixture comes to a bowl, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook stirring constantly until thick.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION