Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here is another one that doens't last long at our house. Everyone loves it. A nice green salad or green beans go well with this. For my make ahead weekends, I prep the chicken and ham and combine with the cheese and freeze. Prep time does not include time to cook ham and chicken. The day to cook - just defrost in the refridgerator while I'm at work - and then make the sauce while the oven preheats. Leftovers are rare at our house but boy are they good!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked chicken, cooked ham and mozerella cheese in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour to make paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk, heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add ground mustard and nutmeg.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture, coat well.
- Transfer into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is bubbly and brown.
Excellent! I used swiss instead of mozzarella cheese. Just thought it would be more like traditional cordon bleu.
Made as is except added 2 - 8oz. pkg. sauteed sliced mushrooms and used half shredded Swiss and half mozzarella. Topped with 1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers mixed with 1/4 c. melted butter. Served with fresh green beans - excellent! Will definitely make again!
This was soooo good! We were iffy about it but I was being lazy, lol. I have since served it to guests and there are no leftovers ever. My hubby said it was a good freezer meal to take to work. Thanks.