Recipe by PamMal
Here is another one that doens't last long at our house. Everyone loves it. A nice green salad or green beans go well with this. For my make ahead weekends, I prep the chicken and ham and combine with the cheese and freeze. Prep time does not include time to cook ham and chicken. The day to cook - just defrost in the refridgerator while I'm at work - and then make the sauce while the oven preheats. Leftovers are rare at our house but boy are they good!
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups ham, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked chicken, cooked ham and mozerella cheese in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour to make paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk, heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add ground mustard and nutmeg.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture, coat well.
- Transfer into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is bubbly and brown.