Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious this way or you can substitute mozzarella cheese for the Swiss and mixed vegetables instead of peas.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 3 cups uncooked dumpling egg noodles (5 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 slices swiss cheese (1 oz. each)
- Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine broth, sour cream and gravy; mix well with wire whisk. Stir in uncooked noodles, peas, ham, paprika and 1/8 teaspoons of the pepper. Spoon into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Place chicken over noodle mixture; sprinkle with seasoned salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoons pepper. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover casserole; bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, and noodles are tender and thoroughly heated.
- Place 2 cheese slice halves over each chicken breast half. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I have made this recipe multiple times....very delicious. Even better the 2nd day. Many times I season the chicken w/ Lawry's Seasoning salt prior to baking. Yummy!!!
This was good and so easy. No need to cook the noodles or the chicken first. Just throw it all together and it cooks on it's own. I used fat free sour cream. no fat gravy, low sodium chicken broth. It turned out great.