1/1 Photo of Chicken Cordon Bleu
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- 3Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 4Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes.
- 5Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 2 slices of ham, and 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll.
- 6Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll.
- 7Squeeze the log gently to seal.
- 8Season the flour with salt and pepper; spread out on waxed paper or in a flat dish.
- 9Mix the breadcrumbs with thyme, kosher salt, pepper, and oil.
- 10The oil will help the crust brown.
- 11Beat together the eggs and water, the mixture should be fluid.
- 12Lightly dust the chicken with flour, then dip in the egg mixture.
- 13Gently coat in the bread crumbs.
- 14Carefully transfer the roulades to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- 15Cut into pinwheels before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.2 mg
- Sodium 704.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: