i used to make this all the time when i lived by myself, it's one of the first meals i used to make when i just starting out on my own. it makes a great authentic tasting mexican dish. it is orginally from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, with a few variations. i had to refer back to it, because i am more of a "dump" cook, and nolonger use the measurements when preparing this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (6 inch) tortillas
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, seperated
- chopped tomato
- chopped olive
- chopped chili pepper (any kind, depending on the degree of hot you can tolerate)
- 1heat tortillas, in microwave until soft.
- 2in a saucepan cook half of the onions, garlic, cilantro, in the butter until onion is tender.
- 3mix the flour into the sour cream and then add to the onion mixture, stir in the broth and chili peppers.
- 4stir until thickened.
- 5remove from heat and add 1/2 of the cheese.
- 6for the filling, stir 1/2 cup of the sauce into chicken, add cilantro.
- 7place about 1/4 cup of filling in each tortilla; roll up.
- 8arrange rolls, seam side down.
- 9place in a lightly greased 12x71/2x2inch bakiing pan, top with remaining sauce.
- 10bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 11sprinkle remaining cheese.
- 12and return to oven to bake an additional 5 minute.
- 13remove from oven sprinkle with olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
- 14let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.3
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 984.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 32.8 g