Recipe by bratty
i used to make this all the time when i lived by myself, it's one of the first meals i used to make when i just starting out on my own. it makes a great authentic tasting mexican dish. it is orginally from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, with a few variations. i had to refer back to it, because i am more of a "dump" cook, and nolonger use the measurements when preparing this.
- 8 (6 inch) tortillas
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, seperated
- chopped tomato
- chopped olive
- chopped chili pepper (any kind, depending on the degree of hot you can tolerate)
Directions See How It's Made
- heat tortillas, in microwave until soft.
- in a saucepan cook half of the onions, garlic, cilantro, in the butter until onion is tender.
- mix the flour into the sour cream and then add to the onion mixture, stir in the broth and chili peppers.
- stir until thickened.
- remove from heat and add 1/2 of the cheese.
- for the filling, stir 1/2 cup of the sauce into chicken, add cilantro.
- place about 1/4 cup of filling in each tortilla; roll up.
- arrange rolls, seam side down.
- place in a lightly greased 12x71/2x2inch bakiing pan, top with remaining sauce.
- bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- sprinkle remaining cheese.
- and return to oven to bake an additional 5 minute.
- remove from oven sprinkle with olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
- let stand 10 minutes.