Ww Inspired Greek Infused Egg White Omelet
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh pepper, to taste (a few grinds)
- In a nonstick 8 inch skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the frozen vegetables, stirring often, until they soften and heat up.
- Add the fresh spinach, and cook, until spinach wilts and is heated through.
- Pour the egg whites over the vegetables and when the edges begin to set, push inward with a spatula to allow uncooked egg to go to the sides. Tilt pan if necessary to make sure the egg whites cook evenly.
- When egg mixture is almost set, top with the feta and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the oregano and salt and pepper on. Fold in half, and allow to cook 1-2 minutes longer so the cheese will melt. Transfer to a plate and eat!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yooper,this is super! The first day I made it I used frozen spinach and half a cup was way too much - I forgot about the shrinkage. This is delicious but for my third time, I'll use a little more egg (it's hard to get the omelet to stick together with so many veggies) and less feta. I used fat free feta with Mediterranean herbs and a few tablespoons would provide enough flavor. I used fresh veggies but love the idea of using the frozen birds eye blend since it also has yellow peppers. That would be five different kinds of veggies out of the way before 8 a.m. - what a great start for the day. Thanks and sorry about the Packers.
This was delicious! I used whole eggs as I'm not counting points. I love the combination of the onions, peppers and spinach along with the two cheeses. I used a local cheese that's a bit more salty than feta, so I didn't add salt at all to the dish. I had this on some whole wheat toast, with a cup of strong coffee on the side and the weekend paper in front of me. Good breakfast, thanks Yoop!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!