Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe contains no seasoning except for the sodium in the chicken broth and yet my 17 year old hot sauce fanatic never adds anything to it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh, 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice (do not use instant rice)
- 3 -4 cups frozen broccoli or 3 -4 cups california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof casserole with lid.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- Stir until onion is softened.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and place in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir in thawed vegetable mix and bake another 15 minutes.
Very yummy! I made the following changes... *cooked in a skillet on the stove since I didn't want to heat up the house. *used fresh broccoli instead of frozen *no mushrooms, since we didn't have any. It was moist and delicious.
I have no comment. My family didn't like this dish.