Recipe by abbydabby
I made up this recipe one night with ingredients we had in the kitchen/fridge...and we just loved it...very flavorful sauce and perfect with rice. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (I used a Reisling)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups white rice (amount before cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start cooking rice according to package directions and allow to cook while preparing chicken dish.
- Combine olive oil, white wine, horseradish sauce, and dijon on stove over medium heat.
- Add onion slices and capers. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is starting to get tender.
- Add chicken to wine/onion sauce and cook covered over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper to taste and feta cheese to chicken mixture and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over cooked rice.