Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great throw together chicken recipe that looks and tastes like you've worked on it all day. Great for pop up dinner parties. Serve with brown rice or noodles, green salad and hot French bread.
- 6 chicken breasts, skin on bone in (or off)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup sour cream
- Dry chicken well.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil and brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken and saute onions until almost caramelized, stirring occasionally, then add mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes more.
- Add wine, Tarragon, season again with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until done.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a warm platter.
- Boil pan juices 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool a few minutes.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
- *Do not allow the sauce to boil.
- Pour sauce over chicken, top with sliced green onions and serve immediately.
Superb!!!! So easy to make and absolutely delicious and super super tasty. Even the kids loved it.
Very tasty chicken! We really enjoyed it thanks!
This is delicious! Well written recipe. Easy to put together. I used Walla Walla Sweet onions (like a Vidalia) because they carmelize so nicely. The tarragon is a nice touch. Made for Fall 2007 PAC.