Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Who says dinner has to be a hassle. This chicken is wonderful and ready to serve in 30 minutes. Serve with rice and side salad.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9x2 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In small dish, mix the mustard, oil and wine.
- Place the chicken in pan and brush with mustard mixture.
- Sprinkle with pepper and mustard seed.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thickest pieces are cut.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley.
I enjoyed this but my husband did not. It was a little on the bitter side for him, I think. The crunch of the mustard seed was nice. Maybe I'll try it with a sweeter mustard next time or mix in some sweet pickle brine instead of broth/wine.
Boy, did I ever appreciate the hands-off ease of this reicpe tonight. I had very little energy after work and this recipe was a life-saver. The flavor is great, too. I really loved the mustard seed topping!! Loved the crunch and was surprised it wasn't too powerful of a flavor. It was great. Thanks!
This is a wonderful way to prepare chicken! The mustard topping was so flavorful and the chicken cooked up moist and tender. Really loved this easy and healthy chicken - thanks for sharing the recipe!