MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Chicken breasts smothered in a cream sauce that whips up in 30 minutes! Variations of this recipe are endless, think of this as the base limited only by your imagination. Delicious!
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil and cook onions until almost soft. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook til mushrooms soften. Set aside and keep warm.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces Brown chicken in hot pan, adding more oil if required.
- Add onion, garlic and mushroom mixture back to pan. Stir in chicken broth and Italian herbs.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, simmering over low heat.
- Add sour cream, thickened cream and bacon, stir through until warmed, DO NOT boil as it will separate. Just heat it gently for a few minutes until the flavours blend.
- For a change, add broccoli pieces in the last few minutes of cooking, or green beans, corn niblets -- serve over pasta if you like or as a dish on it's own. A definite favourite at my house!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more