Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I needed a fast recipe for some boneless chicken, and this was it. Adapted a bit from a recipe I had, it was delicious. Suitable for just family, or company, too.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, either pound it out thinly, or fillet the chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence (recipes for this spice mix are available on Recipezaar)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish, and dredge the chicken in it.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook the chicken until brown on one side (about 3-4 min).
- Turn the chicken and add the garlic.
- Cook 3 minutes more, while stirring the garlic around.
- Add the broth, vinegar, bay leaves, and herbs.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat to med-low, cook for about 10 minutes, turning chicken a couple of times. (When you get to the end of this step, you have a choice...you can proceed and reduce the sauce, or you can stop now after ADDING THE TBSP OF BUTTER. This way, you have more sauce, which is the way my husband likes it.)
- When chicken is done, remove from pan.
- Bring heat back up to med.
- ,and cook the pan juices for 7 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in butter and remove bay leaves.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- I served white rice on the side, and spooned a bit of sauce over that, too.
I made this for dinner this weekend as oart if my bratathon. What can I say besides OUTSTANDING!!! Very easy to follow recipe that produces a wonderfully flavored moist chicken. thanks Leeann.
Wonderful - the aroma was terrific and the chicken came out moist, tender, and absolutely delicious. I loved the sauce especially. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to company - for such a simple dish to prepare, this one was very impressive. I happened to have some white balsamic vinegar in the house, so I tried that instead of the usual red balsamic - it was wonderful. Thanks!
The first thing my dh said when he walked in the door was "Wow! That smells awesome!" I had to agree! The recipe is so easy to follow, and the chicken is indeed tender and moist. The sauce with little bits of garlic and herbs was perfect for dipping bread. Thanks for a great recipe l! We loved it!