I needed a fast recipe for some boneless chicken, and this was it. Adapted a bit from a recipe I had, it was delicious. Suitable for just family, or company, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, either pound it out thinly, or fillet the chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon herbes de provence (recipes for this spice mix are available on Recipezaar)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish, and dredge the chicken in it.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet and cook the chicken until brown on one side (about 3-4 min).
- 3Turn the chicken and add the garlic.
- 4Cook 3 minutes more, while stirring the garlic around.
- 5Add the broth, vinegar, bay leaves, and herbs.
- 6Cover tightly, reduce heat to med-low, cook for about 10 minutes, turning chicken a couple of times. (When you get to the end of this step, you have a choice...you can proceed and reduce the sauce, or you can stop now after ADDING THE TBSP OF BUTTER. This way, you have more sauce, which is the way my husband likes it.)
- 7When chicken is done, remove from pan.
- 8Bring heat back up to med.
- 9,and cook the pan juices for 7 minutes, uncovered.
- 10Stir in butter and remove bay leaves.
- 11Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- 12I served white rice on the side, and spooned a bit of sauce over that, too.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts and Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 452.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence