Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my partner's favourite dishes & one of my specialties. It has lots of calories, but it's so delicious -- they are worth it! Great served with chips & a green salad.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 small brie round or 1 small camembert cheese, sliced (optional)
- Remove the skin from the chicken breasts& pound the fillets to flatten them slightly.
- Grill or fry the fillets until they are cooked, set aside.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan& add the garlic& saute.
- Add the cream, chicken powder& chives, stir over low heat until thickened.
- Top the fillets with slices of avocado& brie or camembert& heat under a grill so cheese melts.
- Place fillets on serving plate& pour the cream sauce over the top.
There's this restaurant down here in South Texas that serves Chicken Avocado on a bed of Cilantro rice and just love it, I've been trying to figure out how I can mimick the recipe for awhile now. Finally I found this recipe and it really hit the spot, I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I didn't have chicken stock powder, only the cubes. I used a whole cube but I think it was too much because it was a little salty, I had to add a little more cream to even out the tastes a bit. I also used Mozzerella cheese instead, but in actuality, it didn't even need the cheese, the sauce alone is perfect for this recipe. AND another great thing about this recipe was that it was so easy and quick! I made this with another winner - Green Cilantro Rice, it was just what I was looking for. I will certainly be making this again, thanks so much!
This was very good. I substituted jack cheese for the brie since I love avocado and jack cheese together. My husband doesn't like avocado (what a weirdo), so I made it without putting the avocado on his and he said it was still very good.
easy and delicious. Now I just need to make it lower in fat!