1/2 Photos of Chicken and White Bean Stew
Hearty and delicious. Adapted from Rachael Ray, the recipe takes a few shortcuts (like purchased rotisserie chicken and canned beans) to ensure it's easy and quick. :) I picked up a loaf of Italian bread and made Provolone Garlic Bread to go with it, which made for a simple, but comforting and tasty meal on a chilly night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 32 ounces chicken broth (I added a little more)
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans, drained and rinsed (I used navy beans)
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until cooked, but not crisp (about 5 minutes).
- 2Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add the potatoes and chicken broth; simmer until the potatoes are just tender (about 15 minutes).
- 4Meanwhile, pull the meat off the rotisserie chicken, discarding skin and bones.
- 5Add the chicken and white beans to the stew; cook until heated through.
- 6Just before serving, stir in the arugula and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and White Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.4
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 735.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 44.7 g