Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Oh My, this is Good!! My family liked this one! It reminded us of a Thanksgiving Dinner. A rotisserie chicken makes this casserole easier. Stove Top Stuffing with lower sodium is best to use. Juicy delicious and don't forget the cranberry sauce as a side!
Top Review by Scoutie
This was very good! I used Cream of Mushroom soup as that is what I had on hand. Next time, I might add some sauteed shrooms and onions before adding stuffing mixture over the top. I will also add seasonings, such as fresh ground pepper, Italian Seasoning and garlic powder. Everybody loved it! Thanks for posting.
- 1 (6 ounce) Stove Top stuffing mix (chicken flavor and lower sodium)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Forget the amounts in the instructions on the stuffing box. (The extra 1/4 cup of water is needed to retain moisture when baked.).
- Boil 1 3/4 cups of water. Add 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir in packet of stuffing mix and cover. Immediately remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut cooked chicken into small pieces. In a 9 x 11 baking dish, place chicken pieces on bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream and milk. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle stuffing mixture over top.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and enjoy!