Recipe by Texas_Mom_of_5
A little different than your traditional Chicken and Rice...but oh so yummy!
Top Review by southbaker
This was a great chicken and rice recipe. I used 1 3/4 cups of rice because that's all I had, next time I might use 1 1/2 cups because I thought for my tastes 1 3/4 was a little too much. I also used a packet of onion soup mix with the cream of chicken soup and mayonnaise mix and I had some French's fired onions on hand so I crushed a can of them up and mixed them with 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs for the topping. It turned out very good!!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and stir (just once). Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside. Melt 1/2 TBSP margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute onion and celery until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the chicken, rice, onion, celery, mayonnaise and soup in a large bowl, mix well. Transfer the mixture into a 9"x13" baking dish. Top with crushed cornflakes and 2 TBSP melted margarine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, uncovered.