Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple one-dish meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, including juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 10 ounces ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, paprika, salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low and simmer, uncovered, to develop the flavors and reduce the sauce, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a food processor and puree.
- Return the sauce to the pan and add the sour cream, parsley, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add the ziti and chicken and mix well; taste and adjust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.
Very simple and tasty. I didn't feel like chicken, so used some shrimp instead, and I didnt puree the sauce, but with cooking the sauce smoothes out anyway, so I was happy with the texture. Thank you, much enjoyed, made for I Recomend tag game
Quick and easy meal. I skipped the Tabasco and the pur
This was such a quick and simple dish to make! I used penne pasta and added a little garlic salt after I mixed everything in, but otherwise made as written. I like that you cook the tomatoes and then blend them; DH is not a fan of cooked tomatoes so the fact that this made a smooth sauce was a bonus! Made for Football Pool 2011 Week 2 Win.