1/2 Photos of Chicken and Pasta With Creamy Tomato-Wine Sauce
Simple one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, including juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 10 ounces ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
- 2Add the onions and garlic; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes, wine, paprika, salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- 4Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 5Decrease heat to low and simmer, uncovered, to develop the flavors and reduce the sauce, about 10 minutes longer.
- 6Transfer to a food processor and puree.
- 7Return the sauce to the pan and add the sour cream, parsley, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 8Add the ziti and chicken and mix well; taste and adjust.
- 9Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pasta With Creamy Tomato-Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 563.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 34.0 g