Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A rich stew that is easy to prepare.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped or
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the paprika.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions and remainder of paprika and cook until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes more. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in broth and thyme and simmer 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl combine flour with sour cream. Reduce heat to low under the Dutch oven. Stir in the sour cream mixture and cook over low, to prevent curdling, about 5 minutes until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.