1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups self rising flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon self rising flour, in all
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken legs or 3 lbs chicken thighs (I use chicken tenders)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (I use homemade)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1Combine 1 cup flour and pepper dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- 2Heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken add more oil if needed remove chicken save drippings.
- 3Add onion and garlic cook till tender.
- 4Add 1T.
- 5flour cook for 1 minute stirring constantly slowly add broth add fresh herbs,lemon rind,lemon juice.
- 6Bring to boil return chicken cover and reduce heat simmer 30 minutes.
- 7Remove chicken keep warm.
- 8Combine 2 cups flour and whipping cream stir with a fork pat into 2 inch balls handling as little as possible.
- 9Bring broth to boil add dumplings cover reduce heat simmer 7 to 10 minutes or till firm in center.
- 10Remove from heat add sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings with Herbed Broth
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1398.1
- Calories from Fat 743
- Total Fat 82.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 371.6 mg
- Sodium 2530.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 80.0 g