Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 cups self rising flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon self rising flour, in all
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken legs or 3 lbs chicken thighs (I use chicken tenders)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (I use homemade)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine 1 cup flour and pepper dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken add more oil if needed remove chicken save drippings.
- Add onion and garlic cook till tender.
- Add 1T.
- flour cook for 1 minute stirring constantly slowly add broth add fresh herbs,lemon rind,lemon juice.
- Bring to boil return chicken cover and reduce heat simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken keep warm.
- Combine 2 cups flour and whipping cream stir with a fork pat into 2 inch balls handling as little as possible.
- Bring broth to boil add dumplings cover reduce heat simmer 7 to 10 minutes or till firm in center.
- Remove from heat add sour cream.