Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple and easy
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside; reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add potatoes, onion and chicken to bacon drippings and saute’ for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in chicken broth; season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and simmer all together for 15 minutes.
- Pour in half-and-half and bring to a boil; add crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix with milk and mix well (dough should be thick). Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered. Carefully turn dumplings and cook another 10 minutes covered.
I cut this recipe in half & the only thing I changed was to leave the potatoes unpeeled as we like 'em that way! Diced them small, though, so there were no large pieces of the peel! Loved the dumplings & the chicken as they made for such a comforting, satisfying meal, & the flavor of the bacon made it especially so! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
We loved this recipe! I cut the whole thing in half because there are only 3 of us and I still had leftovers for the next day. Very good and I liked the ease of the recipe. Thanks! Made for Photo Tag.
Simple, easy and very tasty! The bacon is wonderful in this and its flavor gets into every part of the recipe. I only used 1 and a half potatoes and added another cup of chicken stock. This was my first attempt at drop dumplings so I hope they're supposed to be fluffy because mine were. ;) Thanks for sharing this great recipe, 2Bleu. Loved it!