Recipe by mumoftwo
Just a quick casserole I threw together with what I had in the kitchen. I figured I'd put it on Zaar to get the nutritional info.
Top Review by rysharen
Yum I made this today but substituted the celery with frozen baby peas and used Marble jack cheese and subed the mushroom soup with cream of chicken because that's what I had here. It came out delicious.
- 2 cups rotini noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups light cheddar cheese, grated, divide into 1 cup and 3/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven at 375f.
- Cook noodles as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucpan, melt butter and sautee onions and celery, until onions are tender. Add cream of mushroom soup and milk.
- Stir until bubbling. Add one cup of grated cheese and pepper. Stir until melted.
- In a casserole dish, combine noodles, chicken and cream of mushroom soup mix. Stir until blended. Top with 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.