Recipe by Juenessa
This dish comes together in no time flat, especially if you have leftover chicken on hand.
Top Review by newspapergal
Yum. I baked the chicken (sprinkled with fajita seasoning) the night before, so these meal came together in 15 minutes. I baked corn tortillas for about 10 min, to have "un-fried" tostadas. I warmed & mashed the black beans, and used them as the first layer on the tostada, instead of mixing into the guacamole. DH & I also added a dollop of sour cream.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, shredded (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- lime juice
- 4 purchased tostadas (crisp corn tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled mild goat cheese (such as Montrachet) or 2⁄3 cup feta cheese (such as Montrachet)
- purchased salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Place avocado in medium bowl.
- Add lime juice and mash until almost smooth. Mix in beans and green onions.
- Season guacamole to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Combine shredded chicken, tomato, cilantro and cumin in small bowl.
- Season chicken mixture to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tostada shells on plates.
- Top with lettuce, guacamole and chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese. Spoon salsa over and serve.